Monday, February 18, 2013
I'm excited to be saying that I get to go to QuiltCon, at least for the weekend. If I don't get snowed in with the storm heading my way this week. Seriously!?! Keeping my fingers crossed!!
The Modern Quilt Guild posted a linky party recently for people who are going to share five things about themselves so we can have faces to go with names. Even if you aren't going this year, it's fun to read everyone's posts and get to know them a little better.
So...My name is Melissa and here are five things you might not know about me:
1. I am a huge reader. I was lucky enough to enjoy teaching elementary students to read before I had my daughter. Now I get to enjoy seeing her begin to read and it's something I've enjoyed sharing with her since the day she was born. I've probably read more blogs and magazines than books in the last few years but changing that this year. Into my fourth and fifth books so far.
2. I love to explore new places. Historic towns, trails in the mountains or even a new store. Caves and coffee shops. Almost anywhere. I've never been to Austin before and I hope have a little time to take a peek around in between events.
3. I married my high school sweetheart when I was just nineteen! I feel so blessed that I meet him so early in my life. We spent 16 years together before our daughter finally came along. They are both a ton of fun to be around.
4. I love snow days! Even though I haven't taught in several years I still love to stay up late watching the weather roll in (or not) and watch the news in the morning see which schools are closed. And my dream of sledding down "The Hill" and KU came true this year. Having a kiddo around comes with lots of perks!! And lots of snow up your pant legs.
5. My two favorite places in the world besides home are the mountains of Colorado and my mom and dad's living room. The mountains should be obvious as to why and my mom and dad's living room because my brother and sister end up coming by with their families and I love getting a chance to hang out with all of them.
If you happen to see me at QuiltCon, please say hello! It's so great to meet new friends. If you aren't making it to Austin this year, follow me over on instagram (I'm undertheeveningstar over there). Hopefully I'll be taking lots of photos of all the fun (and not lots of snow pictures here).