Friday, September 18, 2009

Beautiful Imperfection

As I returned home from running some errands yesterday afternoon I noticed some tiny butterflies fluttering in my front flower bed. This sedum needs to be transplanted to a different spot because my rose bush is overtaking it and I've never liked the flies that congregate around the blooms this time of year. Notice the butterfly's torn wing? Such a great reminder that beauty can still be found in the midst of all this imperfection!



I know next to nothing about gardening but I planted this pink Knockout Rose and it has been such a wonderful addition to my front porch. I can even see it from my living room at the back of the house. It blooms from early spring to late fall. In fact there are still buds on it now. Last spring I cut it back at the "wrong" time of the year and it just grew like crazy to catch up. If you don't have much of a green thumb this one is a pretty safe bet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails