Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunkissed Scraps

Sunkissed scraps
I finally let go of this pile of teeny tiny scraps left from trimming blocks on a quilt that's off being quilted. I used Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda along with some Kona Solids. These bright fabrics breathed a bit of sunshine into a cold winter. No photos of this top secret quilt yet...I can hardly wait!

What I can share is an article from Kansas City Star about modern quilting. It's a great story full of beautiful quilt pictures, great resources and even a bit of history. Jacquie Gering and Lauren Hunt are leaders in the KC Modern Quilt Guild and gave lovely interviews. I wish you could see how passionate, talented and funny they both are in real life. Well, you can if come to one of our guild meetings!
Birdie Tracks
This warm weather that's been giving me the itch to get outside and walk (or maybe even run a little) is headed out. I just heard rain hitting the windows and there's snow in the forecast. Maybe I'll see more of those little birdie tracks in the morning. I'm so glad we got in a trip to the playground this afternoon!

2 comments:

randi said...

your little pile of scraps is very pretty. i am sure the quilt is lovely! :)

Melissa said...

Thanks Randi! I have a thing for piles of scraps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails