Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Potholder Swap

PotholderSwap
I'm sneaking on the computer one more time before Christmas to show you this little potholder. I made it for a swap the KC Modern Quilt Guild had with the Portland Modern Quilt Guild after Susan Beal came to speak at a meeting. I really liked the construction of this potholder and I hope I can remember how I did it so I can repeat the steps again. I quilted the front and back separately with batting on one side and insul-bright on the other. Then I sewed right sides together and turned in inside out, top stitching all around. I guess I do remember! 
PotholderSwapback 
I'm loving Basic Grey's Grunge fabric right now and used a nice lime green for the back. My partner was Elsa Hart and she said she loved lime green, yellow, orange and grey so I included most of those colors. I thought being in Portland, sending a little "Sunshine" would be nice so I found a scrap of that too! 


We could actually use a little sunshine here in Kansas about now. It's been dark, cold, and rainy for so many days. I'll share the potholder I received after Christmas and hopefully we'll have some sunshine so I can get a good photo or too because it's just beautiful!


Take care and have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails