Friday, September 7, 2012

30 Days Journal

30 Days Scrappy Journal

Happy Friday Everyone! Thought I'd show you my little scrappy journal after I added a bit of embellishment. I decided it would be fun to use it for a 30 Days of Lists project.

I started 30 Days of Lists on September 1 while I was out camping and have been using the Notes app on my iPhone to keep up on the go. It's an easy project to do in the school parking lot waiting for school to release, over breakfast or just here and there through the day as something crosses my mind. I used to journal quite a bit and have gotten away from it in recent years. I think this pretty journal will be a nice place to keep my lists and jump back in with some writing.

I added a few adhesive backed pearls, a crocheted flower, number stickers (that I covered with a black sharpie marker), pom pom trim and some handwriting.

A Stitch in Color squares

I'm finally ready to move forward with my A Stitch in Color quilt. I have some Kona Snow that I planned on using for the white pieces I needed. I noticed though, that Snow is just a tad off white and the white in the print pieces is a pure white. I was torn between using the Snow I had or going out to buy some pure White.

I saw this quilt by Rita at Red Pepper Quilts and noticed how well she mixed prints with different shades of white/cream and was reassured that it would be okay to go with the Kona Snow. I'm ready to cut now and maybe I can come up with an idea while I'm cutting on how to use all those extra colorful squares I have now.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails