Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Creating Keepsakes Convention

I had the opportunity to attend several classes at Creating Keepsakes Convention in Kansas City this past weekend. I was excited to make some projects using a few new techniques. This acrylic album designed by The Button Farm was my favorite. I've made an acrylic album before but I just guessed on adhesive to use and design ideas and I was interested to see how someone else would approach using acrylic. The Button Farm had a booth in the vendor fair and I just loved all of their kits. They had such beautiful embellishments that I just had to touch them all. I'm a texture gal! Each of the kits includes well written instructions with color photos and helpful tips. I'll definitely be trying more of their kits.

This "Monkey Business Word Book" was a fun class too. It was taught by Lickety Split Scrapbooks.
It was easy to put together because the chipboard letters and pattern paper letters were both already cut out. The edges didn't match exactly which bugs me a bit but I just inked up the edges and called it good. I plan on putting some pictures of my little girl with her favorite monkey in the album.

This cute little card was one of the projects made in the "1 Stamp Set, 10 Techniques" by Wendy Sue Anderson for Creating Keepsakes. It focused on ways to make a stamp set more versatile. I love the little birdie and how it pops up off the page.

All in all, the convention was a good experience. It was nice to choose from a variety of classes and be able to take them in one day. I do think the some of the local and chain scrapbook stores offer classes that are just as good. I will say that all of the classes provided instruction up to a point and then expected students to finish the projects on their own at a later time which worked well for me as I had time over the weekend but it's something to consider. I will definitely check out the classes online next year and consider taking some.

The vendor fair was a treat. It was great to see so many different products offered in one place. I came home with a bag or two of some fun things to play with!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails