Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lake Doniphan


I had a wonderful time at the retreat last weekend. It was so fun to get away and concentrate on those projects that have been waiting for a while. Stitch On Needlework Shop in Lawrence, Kansas put the retreat together. Leslie, Laura, and Teresa were so thoughtful and helpful in all of the little touches they provided to help everyone feel welcome and enjoy themselves. All of our beds had a goody bag waiting with fat quarters, coupons, candy, and other treats. Terrific soaps and shampoos elevated the camp experience into something more spa-like. A great homemade soup dinner and yummy snacks were so tasty.

The retreat center was at Lake Doniphan in Excelsior Springs, Missouri. The leaves on the trees were just beginning to turn so the view was fantastic. I had three other roommates who were so very nice! I was just amazed at all of the great projects everyone was putting together.


I finished three quilt tops and started on a fourth. My plan for the pumpkin wall hanging changed. I've been encouraged by several people to hand quilt it since I did so much hand applique work on it. I'll share pictures of the others as soon as the sun comes out and I can snap a few photos.

Stitch On announced that they will be holding two more retreats in 2010 and I am so excited to have an opportunity to join them again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails