Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Little Sunshine

Cutting into Sunkissed
We had a big snowstorm here yesterday and got to have a snow day at home. Today brought sunshine but very cold temperatures. Cutting into this layer cake of Sunkissed added some warmth to a beautiful bright day. I'm following along with Little Miss Shabby's Block of the Month. I wanted to try some embroidery and I fell in love with the sweet bird on the first block. 

Scraps would have been perfect in this quilt but I don't have a very big scrap collection yet.  I considered a few different lines of fabric but in the end decided on Sunkissed. I've never been a huge fan of gray, especially gray and yellow paired. I've seen some great sashes done with gray that are beautiful but I've never considered using it myself. When I saw the prints in Sunkissed though, I remembered how much I love pink and gray together. I thought this might be a good chance to stretch a bit and use gray instead of white and be able to mix in the soft yellows and oranges. You might enjoy seeing some of the fabrics other people have chosen and posted on Flickr.
Snow Day
I'm so glad we got a chance to play in the snow yesterday and today because it will be way too cold to get out tomorrow. We baked yummy sugar cookies and had plenty to share with friends and neighbors.
Cookie Bake
Hope you are all staying warm and cozy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails