Thursday, July 14, 2011

Checking in from Tennessee

The Tin Roof

Hi everyone! I'm still here in Tennessee having a great time with my family. We just can't seem to squeeze in all we want to do together and my sister talked me into staying a while longer.

She took me to the Tin Roof in Pigeon Forge for lunch with our girls yesterday. It was such a darling cafe in an old house. I wanted to move in the moment I stepped on the front porch and opened the door! And of course, the food was terrific. My sister Viv knows all the wonderfully unique places to eat and shop.

Jenna and Sophie

Here's our girls at one of the parks in Gatlinburg. It's so hot and humid we have to hit the playgrounds pretty early. They are having such a good time playing together and I'm loving every moment I get to spend with my niece.

Ashley & Daniel

My brother got engaged right before I came to visit and the night I arrived the whole family had dinner with him and his fiance. Ashley is very sweet and funny and I think she'll be a wonderful wife for Daniel. I'm so happy for them!


My hexagon class went well. It was fun to share some techniques and have a chance to laugh and visit. In the afternoon I tried my hand at a Dresden Plate and I love how it turned out. Maybe I'll get it turned into a table topper before I leave and I can share it.


I did finish binding a quilt this afternoon. So I'll have to share it too.
Tennessee Barn Corner

I'll leave you with a couple pictures of a barn I just love. It's so different from a Kansas barn. The sides are cantilevered (at least that's what I think it's called). My guess is that different crops call for different types of barns.

Tennessee Barn

Hope you're all doing well and keeping cool (or warm if it's winter where you are). I'll try to post again while I'm here, and maybe even something sewing related!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Glad to hear you're having such a great time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time. Minus the porch and paint it red, that's the house I grew up in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails