Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Finally a Finish!

Faded Glory
I think this may have been the first quilt I cut out on my own. I used a Turning Twenty pattern. It spent a lot of time on a shelf in between stages of cutting, piecing, quilting, and binding and spanned a bunch of different life stages when I just didn't make a lot of time for sewing. I'm so excited that it's finished because I think it will get lots of use during the summer time. I picture using it on the table for celebrations, for a picnic with friends or an evening concert in the park. The fabric on the back seems particularly sturdy. It has a finish on it that is a bit stiffer than your typical quilting cotton. I'm curious to see what it feels like after I wash it.
Faded Glory on the Porch

A little bit of a blue rectangle faded a bit before I knew to be careful about closing the blinds in my sewing room so I gave it the name Faded Glory. It's not very easy to see and will get lot's of love in spite of it's imperfections.
Faded Glory Close

My mom quilted it with red thread on her long arm. It's nice to have connections! Thanks Mom!
Girls Day Out

We are home now from Tennessee, and I'm missing everybody so much. If only I could be in two places at one time. My sister Viv, her friend Samantha, Jenna and I went to Knoxville to the AQS Quilt Show and had lunch at a Creperie near the big Farmer's Market.
Blackberries

I've dreamed of these gigantic blackberries since last year. Viv is an amazing cook and made an incredible blackberry crisp that night.

{If you are curious about those tobacco baskets in my last post, I've updated it with some more information.}

4 comments:

randi--i have to say said...

very nice quilt! i like all of those fun, patriotic prints. :)

Sharon said...

Very nice! Feels good to get one finished, doesn't it?

Shea said...

Yay for finishing! Those photos at the bottom are excellent, by the way. Perfect lighting and color!

Charlestongrl said...

I still should have added more crisp! You were right! Love the picture of me and J!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails