Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Basket Hunting

{I'm back to add some text to this photo as I haven't completely figured out how to blog from my phone. Nikki asked a question in the comments about this tobacco basket so I thought I'd share what I know.}

My sister has a tobacco basket hanging on her back porch that I just love and I also saw one hanging outside of an antique store. I love the structure and thought one would look beautiful (or at least interesting) over my mantel. When I asked Viv about it, she said they've been all over blogland for awhile. Kansas wasn't a tobacco growing state so I just haven't seen them here at all.

My mom, sister, Jenna and I had a girls day out and went on the hunt. My sister knew just where to go. Later my dad told me that when his family grew tobacco, he remembers these baskets being part of the process.

You can read this article for some history of tobacco baskets.

This is just one link I found that shows how people are using them in their homes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whatcha gonna do with it? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails