Thursday, May 31, 2012

Spring 2012 Quilt Market

Bonnie and Camille
I've had a little time to process my visits to quilt market and I have to say the overwhelm is still coming in waves!

Let me tell you a little about my experience.

I attended market thanks to Camille Roskelley. I helped a bit with her and her mom's booths. I'm sure you've seen their Cotton Way and Thimble Blossoms patterns (Swoon, anyone??). They also design Bonnie and Camille fabric together for Moda. I've loved their fabric designs for quite some time and discovered Camille's Simplify blog through the Artful Blogging magazine a couple of years ago. It was no surprise that they are genuinely sweet and wonderful to visit with in person.

Their Vintage Modern line of fabric is beautiful and their newest line is Marmalade. It has many of the same colors but they've added some orange and yellow that really makes me think of spring. 

Bonnie and Camille

I've been in Bartle Hall several times before, so when I walked in on Wednesday by way of a loading dock, it appeared as I anticipated with piles of boxes and crates and all the pieces of booths being carried in bit by bit. When I walked in on Friday, it was magical. It reminded me of watching the Wizard of Oz in black and white and then suddenly you're in OZ with brilliant color everywhere.I only had about two hours to explore on Friday and just walked through quickly. Lots of smiles everywhere and an underlying sense of anticipation.
Empty Bobbin Booth
After I stopped by Bonnie and Camille's booth I was focused on finding my friend Shea's booth. She creates the amazing Empty Bobbin Sewing Studio patterns. And when I say amazing, I really mean it. Shea has really set the standard for patterns with the way she prints a little booklet with fabulous color photos of quilts in optional fabrics and sizes. I know I'm a little biased since I've tested a few of her patterns but as a visual learner I appreciate how clearly each of her steps are illustrated.

I zipped through the rest to get an overview of what was there. Notions, software, threads, quilting and sewing machines, embroidery patterns, quilt patterns, books, clothes patterns, batting, modern and traditional fabrics with everything in between.

I was completely awestruck in so many ways. I'm mostly amazed knowing how much passion and hard work goes into putting fabric, patterns and books into my hands.

I returned on Sunday morning with my friend Sarah and walked the entire floor again together. Everyone was much more relaxed. Even though I felt more comfortable taking pictures, I was just too absorbed in looking to snap many photos. There's so many images of things I loved that keep floating to the surface of my mind. Luckily, I picked up a few cards and brochures to jog my memory.

I'll share a few photos of things that caught my eye.

Kona Modern Quilts
Kona's Modern Quilt fabric line.

Green Bee Booth
Green Bee patterns...love that first quilt on the left.
Denyse Scmidt Booth
I could have spent hours in Denyse Schmidt's booth looking at all the details on her inspiration wall. Denyse Scmidt Quilts
I'm intrigued with the quilts from her new book. They have such a vintage, antique feel that seems so comfortable and stimulating at the same time.

I do have a few more things to share with you but I'd better stop for now. Everyone here went to bed long ago and I should follow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails