Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Few Stitches at Mountain Stitches

I'm here in Tennessee and was so glad to finally get to see my family again. My niece is growing up so much and it's so good to see her smiling face!

My parents, sister and brother don't actually live that close to each other and so I have to rotate around a bit to visit with everyone which is hard because I want to be 3 or 4 different places at once.

I got to spend the day at Mountain Stitches, my Mom's quilt shop. Jenna got to go with me and I love that she'll have that memory of being there with her GiGi. I have very few memories of my grandmother and I want very much to help Jenna tuck some away with her's.

It felt so good to cut into some fabric and sew some samples for a demonstration. I got to work in the new classroom space across the hall from the shop. Mom worked on the long arm, my dad minded the shop, Jenna played and I got to sew. Super great day!

I'll head back over for a bit tomorrow and then go over to my sister's in the afternoon. I can't wait and I know the girls are ready for some more play time together.

Hope you're all doing well. I'll try to pop back in again soon.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails