Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Still here....

It's that time of year that always seems so hectic but exciting. Preschool activities, Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS), and soccer are all wrapping up and we are looking ahead to a fun summer filled with camping, biking, swimming and traveling. 


My irises were beautiful this Mother's Day. I transferred some from my parents home in Tennessee and last year I only had one or two blooms but this year they were plentiful. They were originally from my aunt's garden who got them from my grandmother's garden so they make me smile when I see them taking off.


I was really spoiled for Mother's Day this year. So much so, I'm I little embarrassed to tell how wonderful it was. One of my gifts was a weekend at home to sew while everyone else went camping. I love to camp but enjoying the quiet was a rare treat. So I finally got this quilt basted, quilted and the binding sewn on. I just need to turn the binding and hand stitch the back now.

Hope you are all doing well!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails