Friday, August 20, 2010

Buttons and Triangles

When I was a little girl, my mom kept a container of buttons in her sewing room and I loved playing with them while she sewed. She gave me this little juice pitcher a long time ago and as things go, it sat in my kitchen cabinet a long time because we don't really serve juice that often. I want to use it so I put it in my sewing room to hold the buttons Jenna collects from quilt shops. The two little "dishes" beside the pitcher are actually attachments from a kitchen tool my mother-in-law had in her cabinet. Sometimes I can't get a stain out of a cute outfit of Jenna's and before I throw it out I pull off any of the fun buttons. These make a great place to put them since they are special to me and I don't want to throw them in with the others. Call me sentimental! Do you store any of your tools or supplies in special containers?

Have you tried Triangulations? It such a quick easy way to whip out either half square or quarter square triangles. Just like dot-to-dot. You sew on the dotted line and cut on the solid line with your rotary cutter.

I've made a few star block with these and they are so fun and easy to put together. I use a bone folder from my scrapbook supplies to "finger press" my seams open before I hit them with the iron. I'll try to get a few pictures of them since I just pulled them out to work on again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails