Monday, August 23, 2010

Shoo Fly and Surgery


My Monday to-do list was long and I accomplished much. Emails, phone calls, playdate, cleaning, laundry, more playing, cooking (new yummy recipe), bathing little toes. However, it's after 11 and I'm still in my workout clothes that I put on this morning since I was going to exercise just after I finished a few things. That one item is rolling over to tomorrow's list but I think I'd better do it first thing when I wake up! So I got lots done but not necessarily what I really was hoping to do.

I was going to tell you that I didn't get to sew at all today but I just remembered that Amy the Penguin was in need of emergency wing surgery. I suppose that my sweet girl remembers a rather lengthy wait for one of Monkey's surgeries so she put Amy the Penguin just where she knew I'd find her. So cute! I'm happy to report that the penguin is recovering nicely snuggled up next to my sleeping girl.


I did get to sneak in some sewing this weekend after a lovely breakfast date with my husband. I made these Shoo Fly blocks as part of Tia's quilt along.They were so fun and quick to put together. I'm enjoying the quilt along so much and I can't wait to see what else Tia has in store for us. 






 Those are  a couple that I really liked.


I think I'm going to have to let this swirly fabric go for this project. Just doesn't seem to go with the others. Doesn't produce enough contrast either. It's funny how you can really like a fabric but when it's wrong for a block, uggh!




And red is always a favorite.


I must go get some sleep. We're off on another adventure tomorrow with some little friends and some mamas. Can't wait!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails