KC Modern Quilt Guild had a potholder swap a few months ago. It's been so fun to open up my little potholder drawer and see these two lovely creations peaking out. I'm still surprised when I see them. I forget they're in there!
The potholder above is made from Tula Pink's Nest line of fabric. Isn't the little egg perfect for the kitchen?
This next one is so cute with donuts and cookies. The really cool part is the middle. Let's take a closer look, shall we?
It looks like a vintage cookbook page was copied onto fabric. What a neat idea! The quilting is pretty cool too. Here's it's sibling. We each made two to swap but they were passed out randomly.
These are the potholders I made for the swap. I love the fabric but I encountered some problems. The pressure on the quilt sandwich was so great that I had to literally pull the potholder through the machine to quilt it. It was pretty thick with Insulbright and batting. It stretched out the corners as I did pretty dense straight line quilting. I cut out some extra pieces so I'm planning on trying again with my new machine to see if it makes a difference. Here's the tutorial I used. I really do learn so much with every project I try. The only way to learn is to get in there and give it a go!